- Close Approach Temperatures
- Approach temperatures of 2 to 3°F are possible because of the true counterflow and high heat transfer efficiency of the plates.
- Compact and Lightweight
- Requires 1/5 to 1/2 less floor space than other types of heat transfer equipment.
- Lighter in total weight than other heat exchangers because of reduced liquid volume and the more efficient surface area for a given application.
- Studded ports are standard and can be fully lined to protect against erosion and corrosion of the frame.
- Lap-joint, weld-neck, ferrule, and victaulic connections are also available.
- Connections can be mixed and matched to suite individual needs.
- Cross-contamination Eliminated
- Each medium is individually gasketed.
- The space between gaskets is vented to atmosphere.
- Easy to Inspect and Clean
- Simply remove the compression bolts and slide away the moveable end frame to inspect 100% of the Accu-Therm heat transfer surface.
- Easy and economical to clean-in-place (CIP).
- Adjust the unit’s thermal performance by adding or removing plates.
- Extensive Selection
- Heat transfer surface areas from 0.5 to 51 square feet.
- Multiple embossed patterns.
- Exclusive “free-flow” plate design.
- Frame Assembly
- Heavy-duty construction.
- Optimum plate pack compression and leak prevention.
- Designed to positively locate in gasket grooves.
- Lock-in feature available on most models.
- Highly Effecient Heat Transfer Performance
- “U” values of 1,500 and greater are possible!
- Accu-Therm plates promote high turbulence at low fluid velocities.
- High turbulence results in very high heat transfer coefficients.
- High Flow Rates
- Flows up to 24,000 gpm.
- Port diameters up to 20".
- Inspection and Testing
- Rigorous quality assurance inspections.
- Each circuit independently tested at full design pressure.
- ASME registration available.
- Lower Cost
- More economical than other types of heat exchangers due to the higher thermal efficiency and lower manufacturing costs.
- Multiple Duties with a Single Unit
- Heat or cool two or more fluids within the same unit by installing intermediate divider sections.
- More Heat Transfer Surface
- Up to 25,000 square feet (2,323 square meters) of heat transfer surface in a single exchanger.
- Reduced Fouling
- High turbulence, uniform fluid distribution, smooth plate surface, and high shear stresses reduce fouling.
- Optional OSHA-approved plate pack shrouds are available in attractive and durable embossed aluminum or 2B stainless steel to protect personnel.
Specifications and Sizing
Work with our innovative engineers to create a Plate Heat Exchanger that is perfect for you and your facility. At Paul Mueller Company we work to meet all your needs and with our various shapes, sizes, and specifications we are confident that we will be able to make a high quality product that you will love.
Accu-Therm Plate Heat Exchanger Brochure
Accu-Therm Typical HVAC Applications Brochure